I can’t tell you how many times I have attempted to make poached eggs and just failed completely. When I woke up this morning I wanted eggs and I was feeling a bit adventurous so I decided to go out on a limb and try my hand at poached eggs one more time. I expected it to go terribly wrong but this time they actually came out pretty well. Here’s how I did it:
1. I put around five cups of water in a medium pot and let it heat up on medium until it was simmering.
2. I cracked an egg into a small cup.
3. While the water was still simmering I used a spoon to create a whirlpool in the water, then dropped the egg into the hole created by the whirlpool.
4. After the egg was in the water I let it go for around three minutes, then lifted it out of the pot of water using a small strainer (the kind with a handle on the end).
5. I ate them on toast with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top and a slice of turkey bacon.
Poached eggs can definitely be tricky, but they are so delicious and a great alternative to the boring scrambled eggs that I eat all the time!